The installation process of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 on Windows 8 is simple and straightforward. It includes installation of prerequisite file, installation of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, and configuration of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Steps to install Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 on Windows 8 are as follows:
1. Open SharePoint 2013 installation folder.
Install prerequisite files:
2. Open prerequisiteinstaller.exe from the installation folder and then go through the installation.
3. If you find any error during the installation, then start it again.
Install Microsoft SharePoint 2013:
4. After the installation of prerequisite files is completed, open the SharePoint 2013 folder.
5. Open setup.exe file, setup wizard will open. Follow the instructions in the wizard and complete the installation.
Run configuration wizard:
6. The next screen may warn you that the installation is going on Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Ignore the warning and continue.
7. Configuration Wizard will appear on the screen. Click on “Create a new server farm” radio button, and then click on Next.
8. Follow the configuration process.
9. After configuration is completed, SharePoint will run in your web browser as a private cloud.