The Microsoft Dynamics CRM reporting facilities are excellent to arrive at a definitive conclusion from an overview of the analytics. The Customer Relationship Management system is super rich in real-time information. Companies immensely benefit from an evaluation of patterns and loops in the analytical data. Furthermore, the social media integration of the Dynamics CRM solution provides critical insights into customer behavior, marketing trends, and what not!
However, one needs to prepare adequate reports to make sense of the steady inflow of information in real-time. When you identify a definitive pattern than can be either beneficial or damaging to the service on a long-term, you need to present your view properly. A fact-based report, presentable as charts, graphs, and lists, is greatly helpful to validate your views.
Microsoft Dynamics has excellent inbuilt features to create comprehensive report sheet on a wide range of parameters. In fact, the leading global IT service provider left no stone unturned to cover all possible aspects in their range of reporting architecture.
A user with adequate access can set up ready reports such as:
- A user summary to assign administrative roles clearly
- A report of article resources available for ready escalation of the knowledge-base
- Check consistent patterns in service activity volume
- A sales pipeline report to evaluate the status of ready business
- A sales history to check consistent sales performance summarily
- Transparent invoices
- Comparison of lead sources
- Relative comparison of real-time progress and pre-set objectives
- Current status of marketing campaign activities
- Comparing the two campaigns running on different channels
- A complete report on the total status of all running campaigns
- Extrapolate patterns and locate the top revenue-generating customer accounts
- Deliver a complete one-page overview of any customer account
- Check out a detailed chronological summary of any account activity
Besides these, there are several other types of reports. For instance, Microsoft Dynamics CRM reporting allows you to obtain a detailed overview of neglected accounts. A comparison of these accounts with the active ones can present a very clear perspective on market patterns. Management of leads in the pipeline is extremely easy. On your instructions, your authorized IT partner can identify the follow up of out-of-contact leads, the backlogs, and the pending cases. Depending on the report, business owners can develop in-depth strategies with the guarantee of a positive marketing impact.
The technical aspect
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM reporting system develops the reports in a .rdl file. The components of the file are in conformation with the MS SQL Server language specification. Basically, the reports can be of two types. The first types are the ‘out-of-box’ reports. All the above examples are in that category. In total, 25 variants of such reporting features are available in CRM 2013.
The other types are the custom reports that depend on the perspective you want to think out of the ‘out of the box’. The customized reports are further of two types, Fetch based and SQL based. An experienced and authorized IT support partner can develop any type of custom report based on your unique requirements.