With the release of Dynamics 365 Business Edition, the current NAV users are wondering what this Dynamics 365 for Financials have for them. Well, there sure is some news for them in it.
Dynamics 365 for Financials is a cloud ERP product for companies wanting a completely web-based solution and don’t have particular requirements that require client specific customizations. It’s got many similarities to Dynamics NAV 2017 even the code base, with some major differences. As Dynamics 365 for Financials doesn’t use Windows client but only NAV web client. It also excluded all the NAV functionalities like Manufacturing, Service Management, or all Warehousing.
As a NAV user, Dynamics 365 might affect your system in case you are using Dynamics CRM you can get an easy upgrade to Dynamics 365 for Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, and Project Service Automation, or, in case you were already considering adding Dynamics CRM as with it you can benefit from the seamless interoperability of the platform, the Azure deployment, and the packaged licensing costs.
Dynamics 365 is developed keeping Dynamics NAV as base still, they differ in a lot of other ways.
• Dynamics 365 for Financials is a web-based application hosted on a cloud so it doesn’t require Client installation and can be used from either Web Browser, Mobile Application or Tablet Application. Whereas, NAV can be installed on either On-premises server or Azure and can be used from a Windows client as well as from Web Browser, Mobile Application and Tablet Application. Either way their UI have the same feel and look to it.
• Unlike Dynamics 365, NAV 2017 also provides functionalities with respect to Production, Warehouse, and Human Resource & Service. Dynamics 365 also doesn’t provide functionalities with reference to Finance Module like Intercompany transactions and with reference to Purchase module like Purchase Quote and Item Charge.
Sales & Marketing Module
• Regarding Sales & Marketing module Dynamics 395 is missing Item Charge, Shipment Methods, and Shipping Agents.
• As compared to NAV, Dynamics 365 for financials doesn’t support Lot Tracking, locations & its related functionality too.
• As far as administration is concerned, Dynamics 365 for financials is lacking links to attach documents, notes for adding information and notifying users, and comments for adding any comment/text for extra information.
• NAV supports development by enhancing base code and extensions as well while Dynamics 365 can only be customized through extensions.
Explore Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and NAV Add-Ons from MetaOption which helps your businesses and boost your operations efficiently across various industries.
Request a Free DEMO
For more information and a tailored demonstration, please contact us at MetaOption to find out more: (888) 895-4233.