Pages, Blocks, Notes, Theming, Modules, Menu, Testing — You understood right! It’s Drupal shining all the way.
The pertinent question which arises now is Drupal Vs PHP, which one do you go with?
Well, choice is inclined towards Drupal when your site focuses on content or when it is about access permissions, users, content validation and content creation and editing. Without altering the code files, you can do a lot!
PHP, a server-side scripting language aids in web development and also utilized as programming language. However, although it can be deployed on almost all web servers, it executes slowly, is loosely typed which allows for unexpected errors by programmers, is an open source with security hassles and unsuitable for large web applications.
Benefit of Big Industries with Drupal
Drupal’s open source software is compatible with myriad solutions and services, integrates with proprietary systems and third-party solutions, allows access to system functions and yes! gives limitless scope of customization without the need to change the core code!
Today, Drupal powers important government sites and even Whitehouse.gov! It does have a market share in the government sector and public sector — from education, health, transportation to agriculture.
Drupal is flexible with a modular architecture, robust, scalable and saves costs… of course secure too! Remember, Whitehouse.gov!
Key features of Drupal
Drupal is a comprehensive CMS system incorporating the following advantages:
• Consists of lot of functionalities such as managing menu, polls, graphics modification and user management for creating advanced websites, blogs and social networking pages.
• Allows creation and management of content types such as polls, text, podcasts, blogs.
• Aids in managing advanced users such that an administrator can create user account or even manage website.
• Managing graphics, page configurations with templates and themes. You can even create your own plugins.
• Content management — enables in managing, search and reuse of content.
• Drupal homepage comprises discussion board, chat, mailing list. So, add, modify and collaborate.
• Publishing platform which is scalable and flexible. You can easily create and manage your site with the content management features of Drupal.
• Organize, manage, structure, find and re-use your content. Create URLs, custom lists etc.
Drupal for Large Entries of User Registrations/User Tasks on Websites
Drupal is well accosted with options for new user accounts and user permissions. The users will be allowed to view and create when the administrator permits. So, administering a site has been rendered easy with Drupal 7 admin, for instance. Drupal aids in collaboration too.
You can create sites and apps where users can express opinions and collaborate with each other. Security feature are upheld as you will be able to control publishing, administration, creation and viewing of content on the site. No custom programming needed for building sites, still enjoy creative, interactive sites with increased traffic!
Address requirements of your site with add-on modules. Even contribute modules for others to use! Or connect your website to other sites by utilizing feeds, aggregation and social networking integration.
Drupal makes way for connection and collaboration in so many different ways! With multifaceted capabilities of Drupal, reach out to more services through your website using other search engine connection features and increase your reach to wider audience, external media and file services. That’s Drupal distinguished, boundless and grand as ever!