A license plate is simply an additional form of unique identification to mark a pallet or some grouping of products or materials. It’s used to rapidly move the group of products from one location to another without having to scan the individual contents of that group. This method of optimizing nformation eases the strain of warehouse hardships so that manufacturers are able to track and access critical data with the simple scan of a barcode. Let’s take a look at how License Plating works in the MetaWMS – Advanced Warehouse Management solution which seamlessly integrate with Dynamics 365 Business Central—a cloud ERP solution and why it might be the perfect choice for your business.
What is License Plating?
License plating is a barcode reader system that groups together any set of materials or products and marks it with a unique number i.e., License Plate Number (LPN). Most of the warehouses continue to use outdated inventory management processes for large amount of material handling. Whereas, manual inventory tracking is a time-consuming process that requires a large amount of labor, effort, and operating costs.
A single license plate can contain multiple data points, such as:
- Serial number
- Lot number
- Inventory status
- Manufacture date
- Expiration date
A single scan of a license plate will be able to feed all of this detailed information for:
- No or fewer errors
- Exact location
- Easier shipments/ products management
- Faster operations
- Better productivity
How Can License Plating Help Your Business?
License plate numbers (LPN’s) distinguish each item for better lot management and traceability, and it also reduces the number of scans required to enter while transaction. Mainly, the purpose of license plating in the warehouse is to keep track of inventory by grouping and managing all of the items and pallets via License Plate Numbers (LPN’s) throughout the warehouse process. More specifically, license plating can help your businesses be more efficient in multiple ways, including:
- Receiving shipments faster by letting you enter license plate information ahead of time.
- Monitoring inventory items by license plate to detect any problems and proactively fix them.
- Identifying popular warehouse items to make sure routes for those items are fast and efficient.
- Tracking items in a pallet and ensuring everything is in the right place where it should be.
- Speeding up overall warehouse operations by minimizing manual data entry.
By using ERP software, you can facilitate license plating and make your warehouse business much more efficient with modern warehouse management system integration. With MetaWMS, you can create new license plate records in multiple ways and define the items in each record.
Warehouse Management with MetaWMS License Plate Records
MetaWMS software with Dynamics 365 Business Central is one of the best WMS software which provides a way to set up licensing within your warehouse for your WMS Operations.
You can set up licenses to represent pallets, bins, or however you prefer to organize your stock. Here are some of the most important features offered:
- Streamlined Pallet Movement – You can track in detail different items by variant, lot number, serial number, and weight to make it easier to move items through your warehouse without the need for manual data entry with Dynamics.
- Tailored Configuration – You can configure your license plating the way you want to reflect the specific way your business stacks and stories items, and configure items in a way that is most convenient for your customers.