Office 365 launched in 2011, is actually online software, which is hosted in the cloud. It comprises of SharePoint, Exchange and Lync server solutions. Business enterprises have embraced it for many reasons which also include BI (Business Intelligence), Business Integration, enhanced communication between partners and employees, informed decisions, superior customer service and profitability.
Advantages of SharePoint Online
- Cost-effective as on-premise hosting is not required.
- You can access and edit your documents from anywhere, even while you are on the move.
- Presents comprehensive services for business enterprises and leads to increase in profitability.
- You get the benefits of high performance and reliability, reduced costs, secure environment, better employee communication and collaboration with little training and yes! Maintenance and infrastructural liability, etc. becomes the prerogative of Microsoft.
- The results are for you to see in the form of improved team productivity due to organized documents, email alerts and other updates, information security, integration with other tools and technologies, enhanced search capabilities, tailor-made business solutions for your enterprise etc.
Choosing SharePoint Online for your Business Enterprise
SharePoint Online will enable you to collaborate, share and organize in a simple and more cost-effective manner. Here’s how it can prove useful for your business organization:
- The SharePoint team site can be built up speedily for rendering a dynamic website with robust features and freedom of customizing it with added functionalities. All this without the need of additional applications or programming!
- Due to enhanced communication between employees, they remain up-to-date with latest project information and can also share and take informed business decisions.
- Documents are better organized which makes it easy for employees to locate information, including document searches and announcements, conversations and finding users.
- Communicate your organization’s HR policies, vision statements, meeting schedules and other announcements on the intranet built and managed by SharePoint.
- Extranets created by SharePoint can enable suppliers and distributors to share information and keep abreast with the latest developments in a secure environment.
- SharePoint doubles up as a Content Management System (CMS) for your website where you can easily edit or organize content without the need for programming skills.
- Create folders (Document Libraries) with SharePoint, which can comprise of Word or PDF documents etc.
- Integrate SharePoint with Microsoft Office programs and draw benefits of synchronization of Office Outlook calendar and contact lists to your team site, share photos and documents, receive notifications and collaborate with familiar tools. Let your employees re-evaluate projects or documents by utilizing the team site and boost team productivity.
- Just sign up for SharePoint Online and let Microsoft look into installation and management of the platform. Get benefits of Internet Information Service (IIS) web server, and the SQL Server database along with Windows Server Operating System. In the case of failure of any hardware, the server workload is shifted to other servers automatically. However, you continue to enjoy uninterrupted service!
On release of new versions of this software, the platform is automatically upgraded without you incurring any added cost for the same. Network Operation Centres keep a vigilant eye on the servers 24×7. Thus, with such benefits of security, continuous backup and disaster recovery plan, you are able to focus on core business solutions. That’s success guaranteed with SharePoint Online!